Do You Know How Dangerous Black Mold Is?

Stachybotrys is a health concern because animal research studies have revealed that low-level exposure can suppress the body’s immune system leading to bacterial and viral infections, coughing, skin irritation, and other allergies. Further, the medical proof has proven that this mold has hazardous properties because Stachybotrys produces a mycotoxin (i.e., poison from fungi) named trichothecenes. Consider hiring a mold removal service Subsequently, when it is inhaled or consumed Stachybotrys triggers the following health conditions, with speculation that direct exposure can even promote cancer:

1. Sore/hoarse throat
2. Cold and flu signs (headaches, slight fever, and muscle pains).
3. Nosebleeds.
4. Tingling or burning of nose, mouth, and sweating areas (under the arms or in between the legs).
5. Persistent fatigue.
6. Lightheadedness.
7. Nausea/vomiting.
8. Amnesia.
9. Attention-deficit/concentration issues.
10. Personality changes such as irritability or anxiety.
11. Neurological disorders such as tremblings.
12. Hair loss.
13. Coughing with blood.
14. Bleeding in the lungs (hemosiderosis).
15. Damage to internal organs including blood, liver, kidneys, and lungs.

This is an intriguing concern and one that was presented last summer season by a press reporter in New Orleans, Jed Lipinski, Staff press reporter|The Times-Picayune that released a short article: Did a moldy building kill 4 New Orleans college teachers?

The short article positions this concern because four SUNO teachers, who died within three months of each other, all dealt with the second floor of the Multipurpose Building on the SUNO school:

⦁ Marina Dumas-Haye’s official cause of death: breast cancer reoccurrence;
⦁ Felix James main cause of death: cardiovascular disease;
⦁ Sudipta Das official cause of death: breast cancer reoccurrence.
⦁ Guillaume Leary’s main cause of death: pulmonary embolism.

Officially, harmful mold is not connected to their deaths since the Centers for Disease Control mentions that there is no clinical evidence connecting mold direct exposure to pulmonary embolisms, cardiovascular disease or breast cancer recurrence. You have to know that mold inspection is an important part of the process. Besides, according to the post:

No federal guidelines exist for what constitutes a safe quantity of mold, making it hard for inspectors to know whether residents of a structure or house are at risk. Structure supervisors say they typically are forced to rely on resident problems to identify that remediation was unsuccessful.

Lipinsky questioned the main reason for the death of 3 crucial factors.

1. Water damage results in a substantial mold infestation. The Multipurpose Building, a two-story concrete structure, was flooded with 4.5 feet of water after the levee failures during Hurricane Katrina. The state claims the structure was considered safe to inhabit before faculty relocated because a licensed contractor, Zimmer-Eschette Services, performed a complete environmental removal during the summer season of 2008 and the indoor air samples were considered “appropriate.” The structure was re-opened in August 2008 so staff might move in for the Fall session.

2. Air quality tests showed Stachybotrys mold, yet the staff was still permitted to work in the building. Not long after moving into the structure, the faculty began complaining about breathing issues. The reason for the health problems was mold since the removal was refrained from doing correctly and the indoor air samples were “unacceptable”. Specialists interviewed by Lipinsky did not think the building was safe to work in since Stachybotrys mold spores were still present and recorded in the air quality clearance tests carried out by the AIMS Group.

3. Staff and professors had repeating health issues from mold exposure. Stachybotrys existed in 25 of the 62 interior air samples taken after the removal was total. In spite of this, the personnel, faculty, and students were permitted to operate in the building. Not remarkably, the management of SUNO got many problems. Within months of the move, several faculty were diagnosed with bronchitis. For five years, between 2008 and 2013, Das, Leary, James, and Dumas-Haynes taught classes on the second flooring of the Multipurpose Building. Before their deaths, both Leary and Dumas-Haynes suffered from serious respiratory problems. They were not the only ones that suffered as 10 other professors and personnel on the very same floor suffered comparable symptoms: coughing, wheezing, difficulty breathing, asthma attacks, queasiness, and migraines. According to a previous SUNO employee, it was apparent that the structure had a mold issue: A musty smell hit you when you strolled inside the structure. You didn’t need an expert to understand there was mold therein. Regardless of all of these problems, the SUNO administration failed to resolve the health problems of personnel and professors, at best-using band-aid solutions such as painting over the mold.